Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Still Feeling Good

Hello all! Thought I would update this thing since it's been a while I guess. I started my volleyball week before last and it was fun. I also played pick up at KP that same weekend and it was fun too. Not the same as competition though. The volleyball league I play in is way more fun though. But I got a bit of a shock when Lorne (one of my best male pals) decided not to play in the league. I was totally pissed actually. He said he would play and then backed out last minute. Then because he backed out his brother did too because Lorne gave him a ride to volleyball, even though Paul (the brother) has his own car. I think that's total bull shit to be honest with you. Lorne said it was the level of the competition that made him not want to play. I mean the team we played against the first night were good players. A bunch of tall guys that could hit and hard, believe me I took one off my should/boob. It hurt! And they were super funny to play against. And the girl played in a mini skirt.... I thought Paul would have appreciated that. Lorne didn't even make it out to the first game, he went to Kenora to pick up some stuff he left there. So we won that match too. Even though they had the height advantage. Tall guy Todd was hilarious though. Then this last week we played against my old team people from a few years ago, Bruce and the gang! It was fun! And they have some good players. Like Bruce and Gio and her hubby Scott. All solid players. And we beat them too. Then we played the same team we played the previous week as our second game and beat them again. So we are undefeated and we played good teams. I mean there are some teams there that aren't great but I mean you can be a solid volleyball player but as soon as you step into sand volleyball your level goes down quite a bit. It took me two to three games to get my overhand serve over the net. So competition is fine there. It bugs me a bit with Lornes' elitist attitude but he is a very good player, Paul not so much. He's all over the phucking place and running and jumping like friggin' Gumbi. I mean if he could actually see what he looks like when he plays then he might get knocked down a peg or two. And he needs it. He's the guy that when he jumps he bends at the knees and his heels hit his ass. No really good seasoned volleyball player does that, it shows a lack of coordination in my opinion. The fact that Paul thinks he is too good to play in our league or team really really bugs me. Lorne it just hurts me cause we are so close as friends and volleyball compatriots. At least he isn't backing out of Super Spike. I would have to level him if he did, but he's already paid for his spot and he way too German to back out now because he knows I would not give him his money back. Haha! I love the guy, he's one of my best friends. He's fun to hang with cause he's such a horndog too. I can't count how many times we've gone out and I have tried to hook him up with someone. It's just funny. And it bugs the boy when we hang out too. I have told him soooooo many times, it's not a sexual thing or even a guy/girl thing, it's a friend/friend thing. Always will be. But it's nice leverage! Hahaha. Just kidding. Anyways that's my rant for the day. We have big wigs in this week so I shouldn't be wasting precious work time on updating my blog. HAHAHAHA! I can't believe I managed that with a straight face. Yeah yeah how would you know if I am just typing text? I guess you will just have to have faith.
J-BOMB! OUT!

No comments: