Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Blah, Blah, Blah.

Hello all! (And by all I mean Jenn!) Everything is all very calm now and nothing too exciting to report. Haven't really talked to the in-laws to be since Saturday night. Actually I talked to "the fiance"'s dad today to offer him a golf show ticket. I'm so nice. He's a golf - well I would say nut but it's a bigger obsession than that so - FANATIC! He was happy about it. I just thought well - kill 'em with kindness and wait until it blows up in my face. Which eventually it probably will. That's a ways down the road I think though. I have a meet and greet this sunday with our good friend's new baby boy Benjamin. He's so tiny!! When they came over last saturday, he slept the whole time and never made a peep. Which lends itself to my belief that children should be seen and not heard! HAHAHAHA. Just kidding!!! I love kids ........ when they aren't mine. So I decided to look at a few more magazines this week and found some very interesting gowns. And I even found some that had SLEEVES!! Can you believe it!! I almost couldn't. I also found a few good websites for dresses and stuff. I sent my favourite picks to my mom and she was so busy looking at all the gowns and the mother of the bride gowns she burnt her supper!!! Which is a feat because that woman has never ruined anything she has ever cooked - EVER!! I literally laughed out loud when she emailed me that. I finally got a good pic of the ring so I am going to post it here. If I can figure it out. Maybe George isn't busy right now and he can walk me through it. ....... Oh I got his voicemail, I guess not. Hey I think I figured it out let's try it!

Everyone has told me how pretty it is and no one has mentioned the fact that my finger nails are insanely long for me. Well the two that haven't broken off yet. I played volleyball last sunday and we kicked ass!! It was awesome!! I even had a great net game which I never do because well, I am 5 feet 2 inches with a big ass. Not the most vertical person! We played with new players too and they were cool! We had a good time and I got to tell all my volleyball people! Well mostly all, there were a few that weren't there. Ok I just got the most retarded phone call ever. Here it is
Me: "Good Afternoon Ticketmaster Administration."
Lady: "Do you work in the phone centre on the second floor?"
Me: "I work on the second floor but not in the phone centre. Why?"
Lady: "I want to buy a phone and I wanted to stop by to do that."
Me: "I'm sorry, you want to buy a phone? "
Lady: "Yes I want to come to your office on the second floor to buy a phone."
Me: "I don't think you understand. We have a phone centre here but we don't sell our phones. This is TICKETMASTER."
Lady: "Oh so you don't sell phones there? Then where on the second floor does MTS sell phones?"
Me: "There is an MTS phone place on the second floor of the MTS Centre."
Lady: "Isn't that who I am talking to?"
Me: "Umm no this is Ticketmaster on the second floor of the Powerhouse building."
Lady: "Well I was looking for the phone number that is 957-25 oh I don't know. But this isn't that number?"
Me: "Well is that the number you just dialed?"
Lady: "So this isn't MTS?"
Me: "No it's not you may want to phone MTS and ask them."

Lady: "Can you give me that number?"
Me: "No I'm sorry I haven't got that number to give you."
Lady: "Oh you don't?"
Me: "No I don't maybe try the yellow pages."
Lady: "Do you have the yellow pages to find it for me?"
ME: "I'm sorry but I am not 411 I don't give out information on this sort of thing. That's what 411 is for try them."

Lady: "DO you have THAT number?"
Me: "Do I have 411's number? Um yes I do it's 4-1-1! Have a nice day."
OMG I didn't know people that stupid could survive without someone reminding them to BREATHE!! Well I think I am going to go now because I need to go pound my head against the wall.
J-BOMB OUT! (OUCH the wall hurts - I started early with the wall hitting!)


2 comments:

Jenn said...

Your ring is soo pretty! I love it. Your nails are long but I envy you cause I cant grow my nails long. I am a nail bitter! Yes people are retarded I often wonder how people get through life sometimes. Crazy lady. Sorry I havent commented in the past few days I have been out of commision since Monday sick in bed. I just got rid of my headache lastnight. I have been up since 6:30am!! I guess since I slept all week my body has had enough! But Today I woke up with a stuffy nose! WTF?? Oh well.. ttys..

Anonymous said...

Thanks about the ring I love it too! Right after that pic was taken I broke the nails. Now I am back down to nubs again. I hear you are feeling a bit better though! That's something to look forward to! Anyways away I go....read the next post it's funny!