Thursday, February 23, 2006

So Proud to Be Canadian!

So we had just an awesome day at the Olympics yesterday! 2 Silver and 2 Gold and one of the gold's is from a Winnipegger. Nice!! Cindy Klassen is a new homegrown hero for alot of people in this city I bet! I was at work when she won the gold yesterday and trying to get the radio to come through clearly as she was racing. Awesome even through the static! So cool. I read the paper today about her parents being there and watching her and her dad crying and started to well up myself. And to add honour to the race, another Canadian, Kristina Groves, takes the silver a nice canuck 1-2 punch! Very nice! A virtual upset in the women's cross country sprint by Chandra Crawford to take the gold! Then as we were next door at the pub watching the men struggle against the Russians they took a 1st period intermission to show the medal match of the women's 3000m short track relay in which our ladies took Silver again! The pub just erupted in cheers! I think they were just happy to see a Canadian team stay on their feet on ice, unlike the men's hockey team. I was so impressed yesterday I even wrote a letter to the Editor of the Winnipeg Sun about our wins and they published it in today's paper! Well I think I am done. It's nice and short today Jenn!
Brimming with Canadian Pride,
J-BOMB OUT!!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Canadians Rock!! I havnt been following the Olympics sad to admit.. but I am proud of our girls too!