Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Here I am

Hey there! Just thought I would give you a not so little blurb about me. My name is January (yes it is my real name I will tell you later how I got that incredibly unusual name) and I live in a crappy little city called Winnipeg in Canada. Yes the same city that Canadian chick from The Bachelor just got booted back to by that hot ER doc. I have lived here for 7 years now and have hated a good chunk of it! This is possibly one of the most bitter and negative cities I have had the dis-pleasure of living in. I have lived elsewhere, some smaller, one bigger and one miniscule compared to Winnipeg. The smaller ones are Kenora where I was born and raised. It's in Ontario just a bit east of the Manitoba/Ontario border. I lived there most of my young adult life. We moved to (the next smaller one to the east) Dryden, Ontario when I was only 9 years old and it was another sack of crap town. The most ignorant people I have ever met. I don't have any lifetime friends from that time of my life. That's a fairly decent barometer of how my life there was spent. Pretty lonely. We only lived there for a few years then we moved to the miniscule one, Vermilion Bay. It had a total population of maybe 500. Very tiny and a very good memory. I still have "friends" there that I would never forget. Maybe I haven't seen them that often in the last few years but I know if I did it would be easy and comfortable. Like a good de ja vu. I moved back to Kenora when I was 13. What a time to move mid-puberty! Good times! I have friends in Kenora that I no doubt I will have for the rest of my life. I moved to the Bigger one, Calgary, Alberta when I was 19 and I fell in love with it! It was such a welcoming city. And it had freeways! I miss the freeways. I miss the good drivers too! I moved there with my father so I was fairly lucky because it was a free ride on the freeways! Bless my fathers' heart! I was there for 3 years and I would move there in a mili-second if the opportunity presented itself. I had a blast there. I really did. I fell in love there too. But there was a small glitch, the guy I fell for lived somewhere else. Just guess where he was from.....yep good ol' Loserpeg! Lucky huh? So I moved back for love. Plus Kenora is a buttload closer to Winnipeg then Calgary. (Get out your maps if you doubt it) So here I am 6 years later. A good deal closer to family and living with the one I love. Yay me! My family and I are very close (not distance wise unfortunately) so I like to spend as much time as my time/life allows with them. My family consists of a father and mother (no longer married) and two older brothers. Yes I got my azz kicked a whole bloody lot when I was young. Did my fair share of azz kicking too! My dad and I are very very close just cause I am the only girl on my dad's side of the family. I have no shame in saying I am a daddy's little girl. My mother and I have a much more complicated but wonderful relationship. We can say anything to each other without worry of walking on egg shells as we say it. Plus I learned all the cool swear words from her! And I use them quite f'n profusely! You should hear us when we play Canasta! The dog hides under the table with tail between her legs. My next family member closest to my age is my brother Chris. I always forget what year he was actually born in either '73 or'74. He is my big brother, literally. 6'2" and about 400lbs. He's a good guy that never has the right kinda luck. My oldest brother and I have a funny relationship. He was always the golden boy in the family so I took it upon myself to knock him down whenever I got the chance but in a good sibling rivalry way, which has progressed into some of the best and wittiest banter. And all in good fun. He's married to a great lady and someone I am proud to call my sister and they have two very beautiful daughters that I love with all my heart. Good kids when they hang out with Auntie! The oldest is the spitting image of her father! And the youngest actually looks alot like I did at her age. It's scary cause she has that stubborn streak I am so famous for. I love spending time with them! Which is weird because I haven't got a maternal bone in my body but those kids are the apples of mine eyes! Oh that sounds so Shakespearian. I think it's because they aren't mine. Maybe that's what makes them so dear to me. Get 'em dirty and send them home packing to mom and dad hahahah! My own family consists of two cats and boyfriend. My cats are funny and my boyfriend, well he has his moments. My boyfriend and I have been together for 7 years. In fact we just celebrated our our 7th anniversary last December. 7 years. That's a long time for just being boyfriend/girlfriend. We live together and we actually lived together right almost from the beginning. Maybe 6 months after we started dating I moved from Calgary to Winnipeg with a small layover in Kenora for maybe a month. Then we moved in together. It was neat at first. Very new. I mean living with people and then living with someone you love is so entirely different. Egads it took a good 6 months before I would have a BM in the bathroom when he was still in the apartment. But you get over "shyt" like that pretty quickly if for nothing else then your own health. So it's been a while I guess you could say. I did the math the other day and we have been together for a smidge shy of a quarter of my life. A quarter of your life.......that's quite an accomplishment. But it's an empty accomplishment when you haven't reached the goal. The goal of course is to be married and have a life together instead of being roommates with benefits, which is how it feels sometimes. I mean it's not like we've never talked a bout it or anything. Hell we've been to look at rings TWICE! And twice I was told it was coming, and I have waited and waited. I mean how long does it take really? I mean crap or get off the pot already. Hence the title of the blog "Tired of Waiting". So that's where I am in my life if you care. And if you don't then no skin off my nose. My nose skin will be just fine. Talk to you soon. I may or may not post day by day, I may post hour by hour, it depends if I have anything to say really. Cause I think that's just how shyt works. I am going to be like Ryan Seacrest after American Idol.....................................
J - Bomb(that's me) OUT!


3 comments:

Jenn said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! You really dont like Winnipeg hey? I will definetly check out your blog. Dont worry I wont tell anyone!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks hun! And I look forward to getting some shyt out and venting so privacy is of the utmost importance so certain boys don't happen to read this. Or work people too. Aside from George. Hahahaha!

Jenn said...

Hahahaha you called him George! That rocks!! Your secret is safe with me!!