Monday, February 27, 2006

Irony SUCKS!

Ok Irony doesn't suck - IT SWALLOWS! I'm so mad. I don't even know where to begin. Well let's get rid of the monotonous stuff - the weekend. I didn't do too much. I got to see my friend Brandy from Kenora on Saturday night. Her and her hubby and me and the fiance all went to Red Lobster for dinner. Which was a hoot and a half. I never get to go to Red Lobster because the fiance doesn't like it there. But Brandy and Andy (yes I know how gay huh rhyming couple names!) never get to go to Red Lobster so the fiance was outnumbered. Hahaha! They came up to go to the Dwight Yoakum concert this sunday. It was cool that they came out because it got me out of working on Saturday night. Nice! Then Sunday I had volleyball and we stunk up the joint. We couldn't gel as a team to save our lives. But it was so weird because we all still had fun. I also informed them that I wouldn't be there next weekend, because I was going to Kenora for the weekend. I can't wait. They were kinda mad but not about it, just because next weekend we have a double header that night. Hahaha again! Then pretty much vegged out Sunday night after we got home. Nice and easy that's my style. Then today Kirby walked into the office with some very interesting news. This is just an interesting historical side bar - Kirby is the guy that beat me out of a job with this company TWICE! And neither time was it a fair beating. Both times the job that I was supposedly guaranteed, he got the job. It was very annoying at the time. Especially the last time in November. Both the GM and the AGM told me that the job was mine once it was vacated by the previous person, who was leaving to work at the MTSC. Then lo and behold, Kirby's position wasn't going to be around anymore and they decided to give him the vacant position after they promised it to me. And the reason was because there was no other place for him to go. Which is untrue because he could have had my job. But whatever. I moved on. So back to the irony. To make a long story short, Kirby is leaving us at TM and venturing out on his own. Good for him in all honesty I know he isn't happy with his new job here. So if he can go somewhere and follow his "bliss" more power to him and I told him as much. And he told me this face to face which was very honourable of him. So he said that if I was interested (yeah IF I was interested uh-hello!!) that if I were to watch for the posting in the next few days. Then he said he still had to talk to our VP about it and that he didn't look forward to that call because it was the VP that got him the job in the first place. SO we talked for a bit and blah blah blah, then he left I did my happy dance. He also mentioned that another person in the office would be interested in the position too but I have the experience that he doesn't. SO I email the fiance with my happy news and he had questions like is it based in Winnipeg or Alberta and if I needed to buy a car to do this job and if I did then maybe we should hold off this summer on buying a house. I no'd him all 3 questions. I think the car thing is just an excuse to not get into buying a house with me but whatever I am NOT living in an apartment for the rest of my life. We emailed back and forth for about an hour and I was giddy. So I was still doing my happy dance and about an hour and a half later Kirby comes in and says "Well I told so and so (The VP) and he was disappointed but he understood that I want to leave. I also got the feeling that they may want to move the position to Alberta." Well my happy dance was rudely interrupted by that. And I asked why he would want to do that and he kind of had this sheepish look on his face and he said that he told the VP I used to live in Calgary and that he kind of gave the VP the impression that I wouldn't be opposed to moving there. My head just dropped. He looked at me as if to say oh shit you would mind? IF this was 4 months ago when I would have rightfully had the job, it might not have been that big of an issue but I JUST got engaged and we're trying to buy a house. Of course I would be opposed to that. But I know the other person that is putting in for this job is not at all opposed to moving, in fact he will probably be looking forward to that aspect of it. I mean I too was looking forward to the travel part of it but with the expectation that it was only a Monday - Friday once a month type of travel. But now! I don't even know what to do. Do I throw my hat in the ring for it at all or just let it go. I haven't told the fiance about this part of it yet either. I am not looking forward to that conversation AT ALL. Because I know he won't move. And I don't want to move right now either, I mean I am trying to plan a wedding and doing it from 3 provinces away doesn't really make me happy. I don't even like doing it from 2 hours away. ARGH! I really just want to cry. I never thought I would get this upset over a job that I haven't even gotten yet, but I just know I would be good at it and it feels like it should be mine. I finally feel that that job could be my career but now I can't have it. It's a sucky sucky feeling. Worse then someone kicking the back of your seat in the theatre! Hahaha. I am not even laughing on the inside at that one. Wow this bites! Oh well things might look better in a week or so.

J-BOMB (down and out!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

That sucks! I hope everything works out for you. Hey you never know who else may end up in Alberta...ummm.... errr..anyway. Well keep me posted.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha you want a roommate?