Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Not So Fun Times are Here Again.

So last week at work was a bit of a downer. It started off with Kirby telling us he's leaving for bigger and better things. And it ended with me crying. Needless to say it was a bit of a roller coaster ride. So I definitely needed the weekend away from Winnipeg. It started thursday morning with a dumb phone call from a customer that shouldn't have been dealt my way but that seems to be the way it always works. I am the "all stupid questions answered here" desk. And it drives me nuts when the questions should have been answered by the person who sherked it off on me. Or at least give me a heads up when this shyte comes up. So I wanted the phone call to be investigated in order to find out who said what wrong. Because it can't be the customer all the time. So I got into it with the Phone Centre Manager Paul, because it was one of his supervisors that should have known better. So I sent Paul the info to trace the call, or so I thought how it could be traced, and I was told "I'm not going to trace the call. Let it go.", in those exact words. Ok well that wasn't good enough and I told him that it was contradictory that he wouldn't look into it and that his signature on his email said that he took pride in service excellence that he provided, but fine consider it "let go". He retorted with "If you are applying for that outlet services position this does not bode. Let it go please." Well I was so pissed after that and really feeling threatened. So I printed off this email banter and sealed it in an envelope with a note to Peter that said it felt dangerously like a threat that he said that. And that I felt that Peter should know about it. I asked that I didn't want to discuss it beyond that letter and that it stay between him and I. Well that didn't happen so me, Peter, Paul AND Richard had to have a meeting. I so didn't want to deal with it and I thought you know if I really stand up for myself I am just going to screw up the Outlet Services thing, considering I put Paul on my reference list. So my plan in the meeting was to just to keep my mouth shut so as not to piss off the powers that be. Well that plan went, well not fine, it turned into Bash and Burn January Fest 2006. I am apparently demanding and rude and not very nice to sum it all up. Apparently when I assume people should do their jobs it's out of line. And all the sups in the back do is bitch about me. And I just sat there and took it. I was kind of shocked because some of the things Paul was saying were just mean. And I wasn't the one who brought that up. Peter said he was fairly scathing when he was talking. But of course that wasn't said when Paul was in the room. Peter said Paul could leave and let me sit in the room with to defend myself like nothing had a context. And I couldn't. I broke down completely. I cried and couldn't even find the words to how hurt I was by all of this. The most I managed to eke out was that I thought it was really out of line what Paul said about the Outlet Services position that I was going for. I told them that I needed that job, and that he would threaten me with it, was very unfair. And Peter said that he didn't think Paul meant it as a threat, but as a flippant remark. Well as a Manager maybe he should be thinking about his remarks a bit more. Because I know that would sound a whole lot different if it were brought up to the Labour Board. But I didn't say that. Peter was shocked I just sat there and took it, and I said I wasn't going to do or say anything to jeopardize my chances at the Outlet Services job. And both Peter and Richard assured me that there was no way that what Paul said would have anything to do with that job. And then the shocker of all shockers, Richard says "What Paul was absolutely brutal, he never should have said that about your chances for that position." I never thought Richard would ever have my back that way. It would have been nicer if he said that in front of Paul. But I am not going to be making those kind of wishes in this place. I mean Richard and I haven't been good friends like I have been with some of the other managers, I mean we work together with one specific client and that's about it. We have a bit in common but I wouldn't think that he would come to my defense before Paul's because he and Paul have been working there together for a long time. So the rest of that day pretty much sucked. And the next day wasn't any different. I mostly stayed up front with the door closed and not talking too much or anyone. I just wanted to make it through to Saturday where the good times were gonna roll! Stay tuned, I am gonna make this a two parter so as to save room.
J-BOMB OUT! (only temporarily)

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Sorry I havnt commented latley things have been crazy around here for the past few weeks. I dont even know what to say about all of this. I hope things work out for you. I am going to read the next post to see what happends next!