Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Excitement is Palpable!

So today I had my interview for the position I have been so excited about. And I think it went pretty well. I felt really good about the answers I provided for each of the questions. And the guys I interviewed with seemed impressed. However that's how I felt about the last time I interviewed for a new position here. It seemed like I was answering really quickly though. I hope it didn't sound rehearsed. I had them smiling and laughing at the appropriate times. I really hope this works out for me. Not to sound too egotistical but I really am the best person for the job. I have the experience and the knowledge to do this job because I do it almost every day on a regular basis. I felt like I asked what I needed to as well. The only thing I could think would work against me were the huge dark circles under my eyes. I didn't sleep at all last night. I kept going over the one dreaded question I didn't want to answer. "Are you willing to relocate to Alberta for this job?" And luckily they never asked me that question. They did ask if I would have a problem with the travel involved in the position and I was emphatic that I wouldn't be opposed at all. I even told them that was one of the parts I was looking forward to the most in this new job. And I really am. That and the money! LOL! My life would be so almost perfect if I got this job. A week away from the fiance once a month? I mean what could be better? Hahahaha! I mean he could even come with me for a bit of it maybe. Go up a few days early and have a good time. I even got a bit profound in the interview. We were talking about how it's so amazing that when one part of your life starts falling into place personally, how it can it can translate to the same in your professional life. I also said that my New Year's Resolution was to try and let things not be personal and to just let it go. Let it resolve and let it go. They seemed impressed with that too. I just feel that if I get this position then I will no longer feel like a poser as a grown up. I can finally shed that fake skin and slough it of and turn into the professional adult I know I am. I fell almost giddy. I did however hear that there were 4 not 2 people vying for the job. 2 from Winnipeg and 2 from Alberta. I know the other person here in Winnipeg and he has a good shot at this job but I think my experience with the department is higher. But his experience with the company is longer. But he has been with the company off and on for years. I have only worked here for 5 years now and not anywhere else. I hope that kind of loyalty is looked at too. At the end of the interview they said they would have a decision made by the end of the week. So on pins and needles I sit for 48 hours. I doubt I will sleep any better tonite. I am not a religious person but there is some serious prayer to the career gods going on here. I can't type anymore... I am too jittery!

J-BOMB OUT!
(with lotsa butterflies fluttering by inside my tummy!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello January,

I'm no one you know who just stumbled on your site. I wish you the best in your pursuit of adulthood... ..and the job.
As for the joke about your fiance, I say - slow down. Think about what bliss it is be heading toward the union of two souls in this cosmic land. It is that bliss that should guide our daily choices. Breathe deeply and soak in the beauty of union.
Finally, your hesitation about ripping your roots from your fine city to chase the dream in an over-crowded province would be depleting the place you live of the ray of sunshine that you are.

Go on and prosper, oh exuberant January!

signed:
Anonymous

Jenn said...

Glad to hear you did well on your interview! keep me posted! My fingers are crossed for you!

J-BOMB! said...

Thanks Jenn!! I have everything that I can cross on my body crossed!

J-BOMB! said...

Thanks Anon. I don't think anyone has ever called me exuberant before. Have a good day!