Friday, March 24, 2006

Friday Reality Recap Special!

Ok so where to start. There were only 2 of the 3 that I like to watch on tv this week so lets start here...ANTM: EWWWW!!!! Cockroaches?!?!? Are you kidding me? The models had to do a runway with LIVE cockroaches on them hanging from a chain. And the cockroaches have be bejewelled to be fashionable. I mean where are the PETA people freaking out about the mistreatment of these "precious creatures". Gack! The asian chick Gina totally flipped out! It was great. The guy behind the scenes literally had to push out on to the runway. And it was fun because she totally turned it on there for the first 15-20 steps she took on the runway and then just about took a header near the end of her walk. So funny! Jade of course tried to break her down by playing with Gina's cockroach and flaunting it in her face. She's such a bitch. Not a biatch just a bitch. Jade thought she was so cool that she kissed the cockroach at the end of the runway. And she won the competition. Then they had photo shoots that were about fairy tale princesses and one boy for some reason. They shot them as they were falling through the air. That was really cool. So it was down to Kari, the somewhat plump (and I mean that in the most sarcastic way because she probably ways 115lbs) plus sizer for this year and Gina the freak out queen. They said Kari needed to tone up her body just a bit because her face is so thick but she has great bone structure and slimming down would make that pop out more, but she has had fairly consistent photos. Gina was told she needed to toughen up and not let other people get under her skin so easily. So in the end they sent home Kari. Probably because when they were critiquing her shoot she started to cry. Not a good move.Survivor: DAMN MARCH MADNESS!!!AI: So it was a good night for music again. They all had to do a 50's music night. And all in all it went pretty well with the exception of Bucky, Kevin and Lisa in my opinion. Bucky did just a hack job on the song "Oh Boy" by Buddy Holly. Kevin sang his entire song "When I fall in Love" with his hand in his front pocket, believe me I think that's the only kinda lovin' he's gonna get! And Lisa was just boring I don't even remember what she sang honestly and that's not a good sign. For the good ones....Mandisa, Chris, Katherine and Ace all knocked my socks off! The rest were just ok not great as Simon would say. Chris's rendition of "Walk the Line" was amazing and not at all like Live's version in entirety. It had similarities but it wasn't a carbon copy like alot of people are saying. Katharine's "Come Rain or Come Shine" which is a favourite song of mine was awesome! Ace did "In the Still of the Night" with a jazzy funk to it and it was impressive. And Mandisa sang her song just pitch perfect and her performance was stunning as always. She has the most grace and maturity on stage. And on the live results show it was Kevin, Bucky and Lisa in the bottom 3. And I saw that coming a mile away. And finally they fried Chicken Little! It was about time. And again Fox cut off his swan song which is a bit rude to the performer but it's ok cause I didn't like it the first time. Oh and they had Barry Manilow with them this week which was actually pretty cool. He's a smart musical guy boy oh boy. I could care less if I ever saw him perform again but he sure knows how to arrange and coach those kids vocally. Everything else has been fairly symbiotic here and easy going. Gonna get to see my dad this weekend because he is coming up for a Moose game on saturday. I am very excited because we are going to Tony Roma's for dinner. MMM!!! Yummy! I am salivating as wee speak. I think I am going to try the beef ribs this time! Well that's it for me kids. Talk to you all later! J-BOMB OUT

No comments: