Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Hmm?

I don't really know what to title this weeks edition. So "Hmm?" it is. I had a relatively ok weekend until Sunday. Saturday was pretty dead the whole day. I got up and drove the fiance to work at an ungodly hour on a saturday. Then I had to run back home and do laundry, but it felt more like I was supposed to be sleeping more instead so I did. I went back to bed at about 10:30am. I kept thinking it was later then it was when I was sleeping so I kept waking in a panic to look at the clock. Then my dad called at about 12:30 to let me know he was on his way up and that we were still on for dinner at Tony Roma's! I was very excited about this fact, but not enough to wake up. So I got off the phone with him and rolled over flipped the pillow to the cool side and slept for another 2 hours. Woke with a start! Sorry that sounded a little like "Twas the night before Christmas...." didn't it. But I did because I realized now that I have no time to do laundry and I have nothing to wear out to dinner. Oh for shame! I guess it was about 3:30 when I dragged my ass into the shower. Got all pretty and nice smelling and went to pick up the fiance from work, who has also managed to turn into a handsome prince by changing out of work clothes. And then back towards Tony's for dinner. Luckily my dad and uncle got there early and got a table right away because when the fiance and I walked in at about 6:05 there was a 45 minute wait and about 30 people in their lobby. And they were kind enough to have ordered a plate of wings for us to sample. Good cause I was starved! I had one of their famous "Bluetini's" and it was perfection! Then came the ribs! Oh and they were good! I had the baby backs as did the fiance and uncle had this amazing looking taco/santa fe chicken salad concoction and dad saddled up to the beef ribs. I think next time I go for the beef ribs. They were awesome! I am salivating just thinking about them. We even had some dessert, apple crumb cake and it was tasty but my tummy had enough! Then the dad and the uncle had to skedaddle because they were going to be late for the Moose game, which was why they were coming up in the first place. And I treated for dinner! Aren't I nice? It was actually pretty cheap considering. Dad left the tip which was nice. And I finally got a hug from my dad which I needed after the prior week I had at work. Dad's give the best hugs! So I asked the fiance if he wanted to go to a movie while we were already out, but apparently he had too much to eat too and wasn't feeling all that comfy so we went home. Then the next day we get ready to take him to work again... and numb nuts that he his left his work keys at work! So he had no way of getting into work until someone else got there. So he phones his parents house and no one picks up and they don't have an answering machine. I thought maybe he should have called his dad's cell but I don't think he did. Dumb boy! So needless to say he wasn't the funnest guy in the world that morning. You see when he does dumb stuff like that there is no getting him back into a good mood..... he's pissed and that's that. And it's not that he's pissed with just himself, he's pissed at everything and everyone. I'm not wrong am I? You know who you are. I had volleyball that night and it was for playoffs so it was a pretty important game. He got mad because he had no where to go after work but would consider watching my game for support. Such an asshole sometimes. So he went over to mommy and daddy's for pizza. So I had to then drive all the way into the other end of the world to pick him up and then go home. And of course when I get there the whole fan-damily is there, prodigal child and all. And I walk in the door and he's screaming his head off for some reason. I soon find out that they are trying to break him of the need to always be picked up to be soothed. Hmm here's a funny thought - don't let him get used to it in the first place so that you need to break the habit. This is why kids shouldn't be having kids. They're so cute and reaffirming to have and they validate your life, blah blah blah and then because they get so used to you telling them that the sun sets and rises on their command that they begin to believe it. And when you try to break that they get angry! Imagine that! I'm sorry but if you aren't strong enough to make a living commitment to someone you shouldn't be HAVING CHILDREN WITH THEM!!!! Sorry I get a little worked up. Anyways about 20 minutes of listening to the poor kid scream his head off they finally pick him up and he calms down for about 30 seconds and screams some more. That's enough for me. I give him the "look" and I think he gets it. I don't get gushy over babies I never have. I babysat way too many of the spoiled little brats that it doesn't effect me in a positive way when they get all worked up. I mean even when they are being cute.... laddi-dah. I really could care less. My favourite thing about a young baby is if it can sleep through alot of stuff going on around. And I don't mean just noise, but bustling people and odd sounds. Like this couple I know, they brought their little feeder with them to dinner with us to The Keg of all places and the kid slept the whole time. Impressive, why? Because there was more then just noisy music going on, there were people wanting to peek at him and waiters busting glasses and plates cracking against one another as the bussers cleared their tables. And not because he was deprived of sleep all day either. It was perfect. He was perfect. We hardly noticed him, not in a bad way. He was just content to sit in his baby car seat and sleep. I am shocked I really am because if you knew his father you would know that he would come by the wanting to be the centre of attention honestly if he did!! (Wink wink I know you're reading!) Anyways back to the most important part before the child rearing portion of this rant. My team has made it to the next round of playoffs for the first time in 2 years! I am very proud of them! I say them not us because as stellar of a match as I was having.... (we won the first game and I played that whole game basically), two plays into the second game and I rolled my ankle. And I couldn't sub out because of the way we rotated our players in at the start. So I played injured for the majority of the game. The next game I took myself out and we won. No that's not a coincidence. Smart asses! Then we lost the fourth and won the tie breaker. And every game was a nail biter. Me and who ever was sitting off with me were on the edge of our seats the whole time! It was awesome. It really was. Even the team we played against said the same thing that it's the best they've played in a while too. So we have this weekend off form volleyball and then come back the next weekend and possibly play a double header if we win the first game. I am so excited! Wow for an entry that wasn't supposed to be about much ended up being pretty long huh? Ah well. I'm done for now!
J-BOMB! OUT!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi January,

You don't know me and I just stumbled across your site, but it seemed to me kind of eery that you knew I was reading.

J-BOMB! said...

I know and see all - I believe they call that omniscient. I am highly attuned to the things going on around me. (wink wink)
Except that it took me twice to be able to read that stupid word verification thingy at the bottom!