Monday, February 20, 2006

Pretty Good Weekend!

So as the title says I had a pretty good weekend! Did a lot of laundry. You would think I don't do laundry twice a week based on how much I did on Saturday night. "The fiance" and I were supposed to go out for dinner but somehow he forgot! Nice coinkidink! That's ok though. He made some kick ass nachos instead! Not so great the next day warmed up though. They were kinda soggy. Mental note for next time. The weekend went by just entirely too fast. I slept in until like noon on saturday it was soooo nice. But then I realized that was a mistake because I had volleyball on sunday at the ungodly hour of 9AM! I mean really, putting aside the fact that I wasn't awake, my coordination doesn't even start until 10AM at the very earliest and it being a sunday maybe even a bit later. But we prevailed and it was a good win too. We lost the first match but then came back to win the next 3 straight. And good close games with lots of long rallies. And the team we were against is the top team in our tier. That's a cool accomplishment. Our team is gelling more and more every match. So I left volleyball a little after 11:30AM. Was on my way home and I looked at the gas tank and we were down to almost a 1/4 tank and I thought well I have enough money left over I should buy this tank of gas. So I pull into the Petro-Can on Portage and fill up my tank and I was about 4 dollars away from finishing and there was little thought in the back of my mind about what I would do if I ever forgot my wallet after filling up my tank on gas and how I would handle it and all these little dumb thoughts running around my melon. Well little did I know that was my subconscious telling me that I left my purse at the gym we were playing volleyball at. I look in the car for my purse and it's not there. I looked in the back seat to see if it fell back there - no such luck. So I go in to the station and explain my situation to the incredible sweet gas attendant. She asked if I had anything of value to leave in lieu of gas money and I gave her the car registration. I sped home (which was only 5 mins away) and told the fiance my stupidity, luckily he was playing a game and not paying too much attention to what I was saying. I took his bank card to go and pay for gas then as I was leaving to go back home I was thinking if someone from my team had picked up my purse they would have phoned and left a message. Then I remembered that my team was right behind me when I left and they didn't stop to say anything so I knew my purse didn't get picked up by them for sure. So I pulled the nastiest u-ball on Portage Avenue into oncoming traffic. It was a knuckle whitener let me tell ya! SO back down to the far end of Transcona to the gym and when I get there my purse is sitting all by it's lonesome beside some chick watching her man play volleyball. As soon I saw it there I was overcome with relief. And I grabbed the purse and let out a sigh and she looked at me and said "It's the worst feeling in the world when you forget your purse huh?" I just looked at her and said "You have no idea!" She laughed, I laughed and I left. So I didn't get home until almost 1PM. Which sucked because Zenon and Mel had their meet and greet that day with their new baby, Benjamin. I wanted to get home from volleyball early, have a shower and take a two hour nap before we headed over there. So that plan was blown to shyte obviously. Got home had the shower and left about 1/2 hour after my shower. I was thinking this is going to suck now cause I am so tired and I get to listen to people about kids for the next few hours. The fiance says "We aren't staying long!" I was up for that. Done and done sorta attitude. WE get there and the fiance and Zenon are the only testeronic types there. But they had such good food!!! Lots of wraps and veggies and dip and initial cookies in the letters B & K, which are Benjamin's first and last name initials. So there were a few Burger King jokes and stuff. It was cute. And the best cookies EVER! We sat around and chatted with Zenon and Mel's mom, and then Zenon's mom and his sister in law came in. I haven't seen them in a very long time! So it was nice to see them again and tell them about our big announcement. Zenon had told his brother and sister in law already but not his mom. So I showed her the ring and she was so excited and gave us hugs and kisses and congratses. It was nice to have a motherly figure get so excited like that in person. My mom has been great and emailing me very few days about stuff about the wedding but it's different when it's in person. And Zenon's mom is so funny. She is very cool! And Dianna brought there new baby girl, Caitlin. Who is sooooo cute!! It's nice to see baby girls too!! I have been around baby boys for so long I forgot how sweet baby girls are! She was so pretty! And she had little earrings already and they just suited her perfectly. She has these great big eyes and she was a smiler and good faker too. She tried so hard not to sleep so she pretended to be fussy and fake cry and stuff it was funny. I have never seen such a good young actor. We ended up getting there at 2:30 and not leaving until 5. I let Zenon and the fiance go out for a car lookie-loo at Pointe West Auto Mall just to get them through the next few hours. I am the nicest person ever huh?!?! So all in all (gas/purse debacle aside) it was a pretty good weekend.
J-BOMB OUT!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I hate when I leave my purse behind! You would think I would get use to that feeling cause I do it all the time. Little girls with earing = sooo cute!

Anonymous said...

I thought I was going to die right then I was so scared. And little girls in earrings not always so cute but this one....oh soooooo cute!