Friday, February 10, 2006

An very interesting turn of events

So last night "the boy" was working late and I was watching Survivor. Well I guess that isn't the interesting turn of events. He came home around 9 :30 and I was watching e.r. by that time, and he just made his dinner and I watched my show. Still not that interesting huh? Ok so then .... I decided to play a little Play Station 2 game called Dynasty Warriors 5 extreme Legends after e.r. So I played for about 15 mins or so and had just finished a level and about to start the next and "the boy" looks at me and says "Hang on don't start the next level yet." so I didn't and I thought he just wanted to cuddle for a second and hug or something. Cause sometimes he's like that when he knows I have been in a bad mood. He has his moments. Then he came over and hugged me and asked if I still loved him, and he does that a lot too, it a thing we do sometimes before we go to bed at night He says "Still love me?" and I say yes and ask him the same thing back and he says yes . So I said of course I did, and he said good. Then he pulls out a little white Appelts box and says "Will you marry me?". I was floored! I mean I knew it was coming like I said in my first post but the waiting was getting me bummed out. So he wasn't all down on the floor on one knee but he was on his knee on the couch. It was kinda cute, me in my PJ's and DW5 music playing in the background. We talked for a while about it, and discussed the dates and stuff. We plan on a 2008 wedding. Lots of time to save money and plan. Plus if we buy a house this summer then we have a whole year to recoup some financial losses by the time the wedding comes around. We talked for about half an hour and then I looked at him (It was about 10:30 by then) and I said this is going to be so great. I mean I have been planning this for a while, I even have the guest list done (and no worries George and Jenn, you guys are totally on it!). I started to talk about the fact that this could be a potentially cheap wedding because I have an in when it comes to the place to have the ceremony and reception. My mom is the controller/assistant manager of the top hotel in Kenora, The Lakeside Inn. It's right on Lake of the Woods and I will get this awesome deal for it. I should sit pretty good with it. Not to mention I worked there myself for 4 years when I was younger. And then I told him the most expensive thing is going to be my dress, but I told him I thought my mom would help with that. After all it's the last wedding she is going to be involved in and she's the mother of the bride this one time. She will want to be in on everything, which is totally fine with me. Then I got to thinking, I really wanted to call her, so I asked "the fiance" if I could tell her and he said for sure but you might be waking her up. I said I don't care!! I need to ell my mom. So I phoned her up and she wasn't sleeping but she was in bed. I was totally casual it went something like this. "Hey how are you? Did I wake you up?" "No I was just laying in bed not asleep yet." "Oh good, cause I need a recipe from you." "For what? It's 10:30" "I need a recipe for a FIANCEE!" hahahha and she says "WHAT!?!?" I said yeah he made it official. She was happy for us and said to not worry about the wedding part or anything really. And we talked for about a half hour. I told her not to tell anyone though and that I would tell them myself. She is only going to tell her people at work and to let them know that it was a secret until I can tell the rest of my family there. So not too surprising I fell asleep with a smile on my face! And I think I woke up the same way! The best part was when he said to me "You know you can't call me your boyfriend anymore, I'm you fiance now!" And I hadn't really cried until he said that and that was about 20 minutes after he proposed. I feel like I am a giddy teenager again! So I came into work this morning and I was really the only person here, and I sat at my desk trying to devise a way to tell everyone here. And my GM Petey walked in first a little before 9 this morning and said to me "Gee that's a nice shirt your wearing today." I said "Yeah it goes nice with my new ring don't you think." And then I kinda left it up to him to tell people cause Petey hasn't got a lot of subtlety to him. He kept telling people to come and ask me my news. It was kinda cute. Petey was excited he gave me a hug and congratulated me, he said it was so exciting. So I have been telling people all day the story and they all think it was pretty cute. So do I. I thought I would need the big proposal, down on one knee in a fancy restaurant but it seems that this was the right way for him to ask. At home, in PJ's. As I write this entry I feel myself start to well up and I get a bit teary eyed. Which is something I didn't do last night. I am just so damn happy!
J-BOMB OUT!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

CONGRATS!!!!! I am so happy for you two! My eyes were tearing up too. Cant wait to talk to you and get the story in person! EEEEEeeeeee *insert squeeling like a school girl here* Cant wait to see the ring!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks hun it's been a good few days mostly. You will see the ring soon I promise.